Sunday, May 24, 2009

Elgato EyeTV Hybrid In Windows Media Center

I had some issues getting the EyeTV Hybrid to work on Windows 7 in the Windows Media Center.

I tried the latest drivers from the Hauppauge website and I had some problems adding the hardware, but after some tinkering I finally got it working.

I have uploaded the drivers that worked for my iMac, and I have also included an IR Hardware Emulator that works with Windows Media Centre.

Installing the device drivers for the WinTV-HVR-900 is pretty straight forward; you plug-in the EyeTV Hybrid and point the device installer to the folder you have just downloaded, and then restart your computer (your TV tuner should show up in Devices and Printers).

To install the IR emulator hardware for the Windows Media Centre, go to the Device Manager, click on one of the device categories and follow these steps:

Action > Add Legacy Hardware > Next > 'Install the hardware that I manually select from a list' > Next > Have Disk > Browse to the IR Emulator file 'havair.inf' Complete the remaining steps.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OOF80I2B

If you need any further assistance with Windows 7 on your Mac you can email or IM me.

xpress.yrself@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. You mean that it is not nesessary to change the .inf file?, because as it is, it can not be installed

    ReplyDelete